How often do you replace your old toothbrush? We suggest changing it about every three months – so you’ve likely thrown away quite a few toothbrushes in your lifetime. Have you ever considered what happens to the toothbrushes you throw away? The Oral Health Foundation took a look at some potential uses for a toothbrush after it has finished its primary job of cleaning your teeth, some of which are very creative!
Take a look at the top uses for repurposing your toothbrush below!
- Brushing your nails – removing dirt from beneath your nails can be difficult and often tedious. Using an old toothbrush can help remove that stubborn grime in seconds!
- Bike chains – an old toothbrush is the perfect size to get into those little crevices on the chain of your bicycle.
- Bathroom – so some toothbrushes are never destined to leave the bathroom. One of the most popular uses of an old toothbrush is to help clean those hard to reach nooks and crannies in your bathroom. It certainly helps for scrubbing the grout between tiles!
- Give your jewelry back its sparkle – an old toothbrush is the perfect tool to give your jewelry its shine and sparkle again.
- Getting fishy – an old tooth brush is a great option for cleaning ornaments in your fish tank. Hey, they need a clean home too!
- Pet Paws – it’s said that a toothbrush is perfect for cleaning a dog’s nails and paws, we think it sounds very tickly!
- Modeling – creating a clay creation? An old tooth brush is ideal for adding texture!
- Exfoliation – using a toothbrush to exfoliate your lips is very effective when they’re chapped.
- Crumbs! – Do you dare take a closer look at your computer keyboard? Your keyboard has been proven to harbor quite a bit of harmful bacteria – a toothbrush is great for cleaning it out!
It’s very important to remember to change your toothbrush everything three months to help stop the spread of bacteria and ensure your teeth are effectively being brushed. However, before you throw away your old toothbrush, try to think about how you can repurpose it and put it to good use again! If you have any questions, call us at Aesthetic Dentistry at 215-643-0666!